- Dead Poets Society (1989) PG | 128 min | Comedy, Drama.
- The Crucible (1996) PG-13 | 124 min | Drama, History.
- Romeo and Juliet (1968)
- Stand and Deliver (1988)
- The Quiet Man (1952)
- The Great Escape (1963)
- Little Women (1994)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
What is the most scientifically correct movie?
- 8/8 Blade Runner 2049.
- 7/8 Arrival.
- 6/8 The Martian.
- 5/8 Interstellar.
- 4/8 Gattaca.
- 3/8 Contact.
- 2/8 Her.
- 1/8 2001: A Space Odyssey.
What are 3 movies where science plays a major role?
- ‘Ant-Man’ (2015)
- ‘The Martian’ (2015)
- ‘Gattaca’ (1997)
- ‘Arrival’ (2016)
- ‘Alien’ (1979)
- ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’ (1968)
- ‘Interstellar’ (2014)
- ‘Contact’ (1997)
What movies break the laws of physics?
- Top 10 Movies with Broken Physics.
- #10: “The A-Team” (2010)
- #9: “Transporter 2” (2005)
- #8: “Fast & Furious 6” (2013)
- #7: “Superman” (1978)
- #6: “Mission to Mars” (2000)
- #5: “Total Recall” (1990)
- #4: “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” (2008)
What should a 14 year old watch?
- New Girl. I was not expecting to love it as much as I did, but there are so many things to love about this show.
- The Office. I mean, it’s a classic.
- Schitt’s Creek.
- Never Have I Ever.
- Ted Lasso.
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.
- Stranger Things.
- Cobra Kai.
What should a 16 year old watch on Netflix?
- Stranger Things.
- Gilmore Girls.
- Sister, Sister.
- All American.
- Greenhouse Academy.
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
What is the most scientifically accurate movie according to NASA?
- The Martian (2015) The production crew of The Martian took great pains to be scientifically accurate, as did the book’s writer Andy Weir.
- Interstellar (2014) Interstellar is known for being very accurate when it comes to the visual effects.
- Contact (1997)
Which sci-fi is most realistic?
- The Martian (2015) The Martian just may be the most scientifically accurate sci-fi movie ever made.
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
- Apollo 13 (1995)
- Moon (2009)
- Her (2013)
- Contact (1997)
- Gattaca (1997)
- The Andromeda Strain (1971)
What is the most realistic movie ever made?
- Sixteen Candles (1984)
- The Big Chill (1983)
- The Hurt Locker (2008)
- The Ice Storm (1997)
- The Jane Austen Book Club (2007) PG-13 | 106 min | Comedy, Drama, Romance.
- The Story of Us (1999) R | 95 min | Comedy, Drama, Romance.
- Traffic (2000) R | 147 min | Crime, Drama, Thriller.
- Up in the Air (I) (2009)
What is a good sci-fi to watch?
- A Clockwork Orange. Year: 1971. Director: Stanley Kubrick.
- Okja. Year: 2017. Director: Bong Joon-ho.
- Men in Black. Year: 1997. Director: Barry Sonnenfeld.
- The Mitchells vs. The Machines.
- The Midnight Sky. Year: 2020.
- The Platform. Year: 2019.
- Elysium. Year: 2013.
- Blame! Year: 2017.
What is the top 10 best movie?
- The Shawshank Redemption (1994) 9.2.
- The Godfather (1972) 9.2.
- The Dark Knight (2008) 9.0.
- The Godfather Part II (1974) 9.0.
- 12 Angry Men (1957) 8.9.
- Schindler’s List (1993) 8.9.
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) 8.9.
- Pulp Fiction (1994) 8.8.
What is the number 1 best action movie?
- Die Hard (1988) Director: John McTiernan.
- Aliens (1986) Film.
- Seven Samurai (1954) Director: Akira Kurosawa.
- The Wild Bunch (1969) Director: Sam Peckinpah.
- Police Story (1985) Director: Jackie Chan.
- Enter the Dragon (1973)
- Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (1981)
- Hard Boiled (1992)
Does Spiderman defy physics?
While superheroes such as Spider-Man and Superman can teach the world a lot about physics, the superheroes also defy the laws of physics, Dennin said.
What laws of physics does Spiderman break?
Somehow, Spider-Man landed where Doctor Octopus was, breaking Newton’s first law of motion because for Spider-Man to actually land where Doctor Octopus was standing on the train, either the train had to stop or he had to move while in the air with the same speed as the train.
Can teens see an R-rated movie?
Children under 17 are not allowed to attend R-rated motion pictures unaccompanied by a parent or adult guardian. Parents are strongly urged to find out more about R-rated motion pictures in determining their suitability for their children.
How old is a tween?
The “tween years” can be challenging for both children and their parents. Young adolescents are continuing to explore their community and world and beginning to develop unique identities separate from their parents.
How do R-rated movies affect kids?
R-rated movies portray violence and other behaviors deemed inappropriate for children under 17 year of age. A new study finds one more reason why parents should not let their kids watch those movies: adolescents who watch R-rated movies are more likely to try alcohol at a young age.
Is 20 still considered a teenager?
By 20 years old, a young person is usually considered an adult: their body size is fully grown, they can vote, get married, and many have already entered the workplace. But the evidence suggests that, by many important measures, adolescence continues until around the age of 24 to 25.
Why is 13 reasons why an 18?
Scenes of strong sexual violence in these episodes, including one in which a teenager rapes another whilst she is unconscious, also took the episodes to 18.
Is the end of the F World appropriate for 14 year olds?
SCARRING content for kids, DISTURBING for adults – 18+ ONLY. Extremely disturbing / traumatic topics for teens and kids.
Is Jurassic Park scientifically accurate?
Paleontologists have uncovered countless dinosaur fossils since the original “Jurassic Park” movie came out in 1993. The discoveries have changed their understanding of how dinosaurs looked, sounded, and acted. Most of the creatures we see on screen throughout the franchise are not scientifically accurate.
How realistic is the movie Gravity?
‘Gravity’ is generally considered to be quite accurate from a scientific standpoint, with some minor exceptions. One of the most notable inaccuracies is the depiction of how quickly and easily Dr. Stone is able to remove her spacesuit.
Is interstellar scientifically accurate?
The movie Interstellar is reasonably accurate from a scientific standpoint. Some of the concepts in the movie, such as wormholes and time dilation, are supported by theoretical physics, but have not been proven conclusively.
How scientifically accurate is the Martian?
The Martian, starring Matt Damon, was quite scientifically accurate. Growing potatoes on Mars can be feasible as the basic mineral content of the soil is adequate, the shelter shown in the movie is quite realistic too.
How scientifically accurate is 2012?
It’s no surprise that 2012 was named the most absurdly inaccurate sci-fi film ever with NASA’s Near Earth Asteroid Rendezvous head Donald Yeomans calling it an “exceptional and extraordinary” example of bad Hollywood science – ha!